Rent is due on the 15th of each month. Please read below for rent payment options and helpful information.
- Payment Options:
- Option 1 - Pay at the Bankier Office: Located at 406 E. Green Street in Champaign. You may pay with cash, check or, money order. There is no additional fee for this option. We do not have change in the office. If you pay by cash, you should pay the exact amount or we will put a credit on your account.
- Option 2 - Payments via Tenant Portal by Checking Account:
- You can make a one-time payment on your account via your checking account. Make sure you have entered your routing and account number correctly. This will just be a one-time payment and is a free option to use.
- You can set up an automatic payment via your checking account. It will come out the same day each month for the amount that you enter. You have the option for monthly, weekly, bi-weekly, etc. This is a free option each month.
- Option 3 - Payments via Tenant Portal by Credit Card:
- There will be a 2.9% fee for this payment method. It is automatically calculated for all debit and credit card transactions on your tenant portal.
- Option 4 – Non-Tenant Payments:
- If you are a non-tenant and do not have a tenant portal you can make payments online by going to the Leasing tab, and selecting Pay Security Deposit, and follow the directions listed on the page.
- Make sure that when paying your rent, you include an extra $13.00 per person/per month for the sanitary fee unless you have a utility package or utilities included. The sanitary fee is included for those options.
- The following buildings should include an additional $15.00 per person/ per month for water. They are:
- 303 W. Green Street (1E, 1W, 2E, 2W, & #5 Only)
- 406 E. Green Street
- 52 E. Green Street
- 403 E. Green Street
- 509 E. Green Street
- 509 ½ E. Green Street
- 624 S. Fifth Street
- 619 Wright Street
- 713 S. Sixth Street
- 805 S. Fourth Street (Efficiency only)
- 106 S. Coler Street in Urbana
- 1106 W. Stoughton Street in Urbana
All other addresses have individual water meters and should have the water put into their names prior to move in.
- If you have leased a parking spot, you can either pay for it monthly with your rent or pay for it in full when you move in.
- There is a 5-day grace period. A $35.00 late fee will be assessed if the rent is paid after the 20th of the month. If the 20th lands on a day that the office is closed, you will need to pay ahead of time or pay online.
- Any Checks not honored at the bank (NSF) will be assessed an additional fee of $35.00 which will be billed to your account.
- If you have any questions regarding your rent balance you can feel free to call the office Monday – Friday at 217-328-3770 to speak with an accountant or email one of the following: