Move In Information
It is very important to read through and understand the following information thoroughly. It may save you time, money, and aggravation in the future.
- You have 72 hours (beginning when the 1st set of keys are handed out) to fill out and return your apartment condition report completed. If you have roommates that will be moving in late, you may fill out the condition report on their behalf. However, the condition report should be signed by all roommates, if possible.
- Be as specific as possible when filling out the condition report. If you list a stain or burn on your carpet, you must identify exactly where it is located, as well as the size and number of stains or burns. We inspected the apartment when the previous tenant moved out, so we are already aware of major damages, but you still must list them on your condition report so that you are not charged for it the following year.
- When decorating your apartment:
A) You may use thumb tacks or nails. DO NOT use sticky tape, gum, or anchors (this will cause additional wall repair that you will be charged for). If you live in a building with plaster walls it can be very expensive to fix.
B) Do not tape down your cable cords, or any wires, to your carpet (it will a leave a residue that will damage the carpet).
C) Any mirrors or shelves hung must be removed prior to move out.
D) Any wallpaper or borders must be removed before you move out. This includes the adhesive left on the walls.
- Bikes must be locked up on the designated bike racks only. DO NOT lock your bike to the hand rails or the fences of your building. This is against the fire codes. Violators will have their lock cut (at your expense), and bikes removed without notice.
- We do not remove furniture, so if there is something that you do not want, you will have to find a place to store it in your apartment. DO NOT store any of your furniture, or closet doors, on your balconies. They could become damaged and you will be charged for those damages.
- Remember to call and have the utilities set up in your name if you have not done so already.