The two most expensive potential charges against your security deposit are cleaning charges and carpet damage. Regardless of what your apartment looked like when you moved in, it is expected to be thoroughly cleaned when you move out. Cleaning issues will NOT be considered normal wear under any circumstances. If a cleaning crew must be sent in your apartment there will be a minimum of a 2-hour charge at $45.00 per hour. Broom clean is not clean. To avoid these charges, spend a little extra time preparing for your final walk through.
As required by your lease, you will be responsible for the cost of carpet cleaning which will be performed after you move out by a carpet cleaner of the Landlords choosing. Renting a cleaner or using your personal carpet cleaner is not sufficient.
Please be sure the following are thoroughly cleaned:
1. Wipe down light fixtures, ceiling fan blades and sweep ceiling around fan.
2. Replace any burnt out light bulbs throughout your apartment.
3. Sweep and mop all floors. Vacuum all carpets and wipe down baseboards with hot towel
4. Clean inside all windows, windowsills, and tracks. Wipe down all blinds.
5. Clean all vents.
6. Remove any hooks, mounted mirrors, etc. that you have installed. Properly spackle holes
including excessive nail holes.
7. Wipe down inside and outside of Washer/Dryer
8. If you have painted your wall, you must repaint it back to the original color or you will be
Kitchen (do not use abrasive products on the stainless steel or you will scratch it)
1. Oven should be completely cleaned, including broiler drawers (all cleaning residue must be
2. Clean stovetop, back panel, dials, front, and sides of stove. Do not use steel, wool or any
other highly scratch materials on stainless steel or smooth top stoves.
3. Drip pans must be cleaned including the area under drip pans (stove top lifts up).
4. Exhaust fan or micro-hood should be free from grease and dirt. If you have a standard
microwave, it should be cleaned inside and out.
5. Refrigerator should be cleaned inside and out (including shelves, under the crisper drawers
and top of refrigerator). Do not unplug your refrigerator.
6. Dishwashers should be wiped out, including around the inside of the door.
7. Cabinets and drawers should be completely emptied and wiped down inside and out. Make
sure outside of cabinets are free of grease.
8. Clean all countertop surfaces.
9. Clean sink and faucet fixtures.
10. Sweep and mop kitchen floor.
1. Vanity and medicine cabinets should be cleaned inside out, including shelves and mirrors.
2. Shower doors, if applicable, should be cleaned so all the soap scum is removed. Please
remove the shower curtain.
3. The bathtub, shower walls, and fixtures should be cleaned and free of soap scum.
4. Thoroughly clean toilet inside and out, including around the base.
5. Clean soap dish and wipe down towel bars.
6. Wipe down walls and ceiling (should be free of hair and hair spray).
7. Wipe down light fixtures, electrical outlet covers, and light outlet covers.
8. Sweep and mop the floor.
1. Vacuum sofa, chair and loveseat including under the cushions.
2. Wipe down coffee table, end tables, dining table, and dining table chairs.
3. Wipe off blinds and clean inside windows. Wipe off windowsills.
4. Clean light fixtures and covers.
5. Clean walls, ceilings, and corners.
6. Wipe down the front door and around the door frame.
7. Wipe down electrical outlet covers, and light switch covers.
1. Wipe down baseboards.
2. Clean walls, ceilings, and corners.
3. Clean out closets (including coat hangers) and wipe down shelves.
4. Wipe off desk and dresser. Clean out and wipe out all drawers.
5. Vacuum under beds.
6. Wipe down light fixtures.
7. Wipe off blinds and clean inside of windows.
8. If you have taken the wheels off your bed frames, you must put them back on. Missing
wheels will result in a replacement bed frame at your cost.
1. Remove all trash, debris, furniture, doors, concrete blocks, etc. from the patio/balcony, and
dispose of it properly.
2. Any trash that must be removed from your apartment will be charged at $50.00 per
3. Cleaning is charged directly back to the tenant at $45.00 per hour.