Applicant Qualification Process
- If applicant is, A Full-Time Student you will need to follow these guidelines:
- Applicant must fill out a student rental application.
- Applicant must provide their student ID’s and either their driver’s license, state id, or passport.
- Applicant must but at least 18 years old at the time of lease signing.
- Applicant must be a full-time student at either the U of I or Parkland College.
- If applicant is, A Non – Student you will need to follow these guidelines:
- Applicant must fill out a non – student rental application.
- Applicant must provide a picture ID (Drivers Licenses, State ID, or Passport)
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the time of signing.
- Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Rental Verification – Applicant should have left their last address in good standing (No outstanding balance, evictions, or complaints in the last 5 years.)
- Credit Score – Applicant must have a credit score of at least 600.
- Income - Applicant income must be at least double the monthly rent. (If more than one applicant is applying for the same apartment, you can combine the incomes providing both people with be listed on the lease).
- Criminal Background – Applicant could not have been convicted of forcible felony or a felony drug conviction for sale, manufacture or distribution or illegal drugs unless the person has lived outside of prison for 5 consecutive years without being convicted of an offence involving force, violence, or drug activity.
- If current resident is a student and is subletting to a non-student, the non-student must fill out a new application and the listed policy (#2) must be followed. The sublease will not be finalized until the application is approved.
**Non-Student applications will take at least 2 days to process. **