You don't need all of the fancy products you see in commercials or online in your apartment to make your clothes sparkle. Below we give you 5 simple tricks to make your clothes sparkle.
Check out these simple tricks for getting your clothes cleaner and let us know what you think
Simple Apartment Solutions
- Baking soda will be your best friend as it is one of the best natural deodorizers. If you add a ½ cup of baking soda to the wash cycle in addition to your normal detergent it will get rid of all the unwanted stains and odors on your clothes.
- Use natural laundry soap for cleaning fibers such as cotton and silk. The brand Seventh generation has a plant-based laundry detergent that is 100% biodegradable. Super cool, right?
- Need to get your whites whiter? No problem. You can naturally bleach clothes by adding a ½ cup of lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide to the rinse cycle. Next, hang your clothes outside on your balcony to dry. The natural sunshine and lemon juice will work their magic!
- Using too much fabric softener, too often, can leave your clothes with unwanted residue. Add a small cup of vinegar to your wash cycle in addition to your normal detergent to remove any residue left by fabric softeners.
- Need to iron your favorite dress slacks? You can make your own laundry starch by mixing two teaspoons of cornstarch with a cup of water. Pour into a spray bottle and get busy!
Fun Fact: Starched clothes are easier to clean because dirt and grime will stick to the starch, and not the fabric, allowing you to wash it off with ease.
Thanks for reading! Return to our blog for more useful articles, or to find your perfect apartment, please click the link below.